Network Administrator ( R-00063091 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Command & Control
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a advanced working knowledge in Cisco firewalls and switches.
• Maintain and configure Cisco Firepower technology.
• Have working knowledge of networking segregation.
• Work with Network Operations management and the IT Manager in planning, installation, and
documentation of network topology.
• Create and maintain Layer 2/3 equipment's users accounts and permissions.
• Maintaining firmware patch policies on supported equipment.
• Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
• Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
• Provide network support to users.
• Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
• Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure
• Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
• Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
• Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
• Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
***MUST WORK ONSITE in Kevil or Lexington, KY
Bachelors Degree and 2-4 years experience or 6+ years additional relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
Strong knowledge and experience managing and deploying Cisco Firepower
Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
Strong verbal and written communications skills
US citizenship and eligible for a DOE L clearance
Network certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA,), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000.00Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:DOE LTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: