Network Administrator ( R-00057319 )
Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator in our Enterprise Networks Team. This opening supports our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood, MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, and engineering center. This position is responsible for administering, configuring and troubleshooting various components of the network and other duties including monitoring, installation, modification, testing, and remediation of network issues and servicing of network equipment.
All positions are “hands-on” positions. The network administrator positions require travel (50-75%) to Army Installations (preferred home base locations-MD, NC, Ft Hood, TX, VA & Seattle WA) and the position on the Enterprise Network Team can be a teleworker (Preferred locations: San Diego CA, VA & MD, Ft Hood TX & Seattle WA) with occasional travel (10%).
- Understanding the deployed network infrastructure and applying configuration and administration of Enterprise Network toolsets such as Solar Winds and SOTI/Mobi for Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Participate in the cyber activities to include lockdown of network components, STIG application and documentation.
- Responsible for designing network solutions
- Coordinate circuit configuration and turn-up with the Army Regional Cyber Command and Installations Network Enterprise Centers
- Remotely upgrade, troubleshoot & configure Network devices (Handheld scanners, Cisco WAPs, Firewalls, and Switches)
- Provide Tier 2 Support to the Help Desk
- Monitor network operations using Solar Winds Network Manager & SOTI/Mobi for MDM
- Typically requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco family of products, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation
- Experience with the development of the IP topology and assignments for an installation
- Experience in interfacing with Govt and client personnel to resolve network issues
- Cisco Certifications
- Network Certifications