Network Administrator ( R-00072751 )
You seek the honor of service—protecting America and helping make the world a safer place. You'll find it at Leidos, a national security, health, and engineering company that has been tackling some of our nation's biggest problems for nearly 50 years.
Leidos has a unique opportunity for a Network Administrator to work in a one of a kind RPA Operations facility. The Network Administrator will play a critical role in helping Leidos protect America and the world.
Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
The job of the Network Administrator is to assist with installation actions and support the daily operations and upgrades of an Air Force Remote Piloted Aircraft Operations Center. This will include rack up/system installation and configuration of equipment for operations centers.
- Coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance.
- Plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, throughput).
- Prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- High School Diploma is required and 2-4 years of experience .
- Candidate must be familiar with Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, long haul communication transport, network test equipment and NSA type 1 encryption devices .
- Must have a current Security+ required by DoD 8570.
- Must have a current TOP SECRET SCI Security Clearance .
Must have solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations.
Requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities.
Requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and
- Must have C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs.
- Prior military experience.
- Experience with MQ-9 operations center networking specifically.
- Cisco classes or certification(s), familiarity with IP Multicast, Fiber Optic and Copper Cabling Standards, DoD cryptographic equipment (e.g. TACLANE) is a plus.
- CCNA Certification.