Network Cybersecurity Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Network Cybersecurity Center (NCC) analyst reviews security events generated within the Verizon network infrastructure and responds to threats once validated. You will follow well defined methods of procedure to investigate, identify and respond to security alerts. You will conduct network security event investigations based on automated alerting and pre-defined incident response procedures. The analyst provides findings to management and Incident Commanders in order to carry out Incident Response actions whenever a significant security threat is detected on the network.
- Security event monitoring of the Verizon networks and systems.
- Work with technical staff members to resolve security events.
- Perform incident response and investigations using established procedures.
- Work within Splunk to identify anomalies, malware, exploit attempts and other attacks on Verizon network infrastructure and data.
- Provide feedback to improve the accuracy of automated detection rules.
- Resolve security event tickets in a timely manner per established guidelines and procedures.
- Identify, document, and mitigate today’s security threats landscapes.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, and security), operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS), and web technologies (Internet security).
- Understanding of log data, user authentication events, security event logs, syslog, NetFlow data, DNS, proxy logs, packet captures, and firewall events.
- Experience in the installation/configuration of various operating systems including Windows and UNIX. Virus remediation and desktop/server technical support.
- Working-level knowledge of networking principles and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Traditional network monitoring experience is preferred with packet/protocol analysis and hands-on system or network administrative experience with major operating systems.
- Scripting language skills, Splunk searching and/or regular expression creation experience to support dynamic security event analysis.
- Splunk Enterprise Security or similar SIEM experience.
- Configuration of operating systems to include: security controls, malware remediation, and desktop/server technical support.
- Experience with different host based protections, email gateways and proxy technologies.
- Experience with forensic analysis and big data concepts.
- Security certifications such as GMON, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, CEH, GCIA, SSCP, and Network/Security+ or similar.
- Statistical data collection and reporting experience.
- Work a variety of shifts within a 24/7 environment and the ability to excel in high pressure environments.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, sharing findings and incorporating feedback from management and peers in order to better understand and respond to threats.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.