Network Engineer ( R-00077662 )
Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to provide network security engineering support for secure and unsecure on-premises and cloud environments The Customer’s network security solutions provide rapid, secure, reliable, and repeatable action using COTS hardware and software. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Network Engineering support and IT Program Manager support to replace and consolidate End of Life (EOL) Controlled Interfaces with new Controlled Interfaces
- Use an Agile framework and sprint cycle timeframe to track project task and user stories within JIRA
- Develop and document a process and implement said process across Controlled Interfaces, developing network designs to replace and consolidate Controlled Interfaces
- Assess impact to network performance when consolidating Controlled Interfaces and provided guidance on the most practical technical approach to ensure effective integration and optimal network performance, create network scripts and configurations for firewalls and associated network devices such as routers, and switches to support the replacement of Controlled Interfaces, and present network designs to engineering review boards
- Perform security analyses of network architecture and integrate Controlled Interfaces with network Management Enclaves
- Align COTS products and commercial solutions to comply with security standards, align proposed network solutions to security policies and standards, and identify and implement network protection solutions when consolidating Controlled Interfaces
- Provide transition support for End of Life network hardware, provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements, and perform network engineering on specific sensitive Sponsor mission systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Network Engineering, Cyber Security, Cyber Security Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field with 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience an be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience with network security such as firewalls and ACL’s.
- Demonstrated experience working in multivendor Firewall and Network Security appliances such as Cisco, Palo Alto, IXIA, Juniper, and Netscaler.
- Demonstrated experience working in Local Area Network (LAN) environments.
- Demonstrated experience working in Wide Area Network (WAN) environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with TCP IP protocol suite, IP subnets and masking, and routing protocols.
- Demonstrated experience explaining protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing network designs.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile, Jira, or Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Demonstrated experience working with Firewall and Network Security appliances such as
Cisco, Palo Alto, IXIA, Juniper, and Netscaler
- Demonstrated experience using ServiceNow, JIRA, or Confluence
- Demonstrated experience designing enterprise scale networking solutions