Network Engineer ( R-00084040 )
Join a long-term prime program with new positions and strong leadership! The Leidos and the Cyber and SIGINT Solutions team offers great benefits, flexible schedules and the opportunity to grow your career.
- Provide input to the design of the organizations network and mission architecture
- Reports any known or suspected COMSEC incidents immediately
- Perform configuration, test, deployment and maintenance to all network equipment
- Validate new and existing dataflow and data formats
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers
- Oversee the support to all network equipment
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Develops algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems
- Ensures that all material received is inspected for evidence of tampering and, if any is found, submits report of suspected physical incident immediately
- Configure and maintain organizations network diagrams and accreditations
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations
- Design, integrate, test and deploy solutions to established network issues
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Coordinate with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and mitigate potential adverse impacts on system-wide dataflow
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VOIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP) and network address translation (NAT).
- Coordinate with system engineering and integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
*U.S Citizenship required
- Minimum Eight (8) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline.
- Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Five (5) additional years of experience of relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelors degree.
- IAT Level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01
- Cisco Certified CCNA