Network Engineer ( R-00084664 )
Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure.
This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
- Candidate should have a Bachelors' degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years prior relevant experience preferred or 12 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels.
- Physically capable to lift 25lbs.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What’s Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screeningPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00