Network Engineer ( R-00085238 )
Global Solutions Management-Operations (GSM-O) II, a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting Defense Information Systems Agency – Pacific (DISA-PAC) at Ford Island, Hawaii.
DISA acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide support to the Operations Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
• Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network for Incident Management operations.
• Perform system analysis of network and telecommunications to assess if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
• Perform and resolve Incident ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures
• Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
• Evaluate and recommend the most efficient design of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
• Advise Problem Coordinator and Government customer regarding analysis with resolution and provide resolution within Problem Management tickets
• Develop procedures (SOP’s, TTP’s, and WI’s) to complete Change tasks via CLI on device
• Collaborate with peers to design, develop and implement networking best practices to gain efficiencies and effectiveness within network operations
• Determine maintenance window schedules, coordinate approval dates, technician dispatches and availability of site personnel
• Create and perform analytical research for Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
• Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to develop hardware replacement order
• Provide Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
• Engage with Government customer on best practice for the operation/maintenance of the network and to determine solution on report problems or outages/degradations in the network
• Bachelor of Science degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Good technical knowledge of one or more equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
GSMOPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00