Network Automation Engineer III ( 602283-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will join the NMC Network Insights & Personalization team who is responsible for analyzing Network events and customer experience data to derive insights and build models for proactive engagement to improve the customer experience.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and business requirements for code being developed.
- Analyze data to ensure data integrity and utilize the data in decision making.
- Conduct competitive analyses of other websites that operate in the same space.
- Coordinate with the UI design team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design, and more.
- Track usability goals and prepare reports for senior management.
- Develop mockups for our development and design team.
- Conduct usability tests on each independent type of page on the website and create a report showcasing your findings.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Communicating with others comes naturally to you. You know that various team members and stakeholders have different needs, and you flex your style and approach to be most effective. People trust you and come to you for advice and counsel. You make connections between data derived from various sources and synthesize it into one complete picture. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple highly visible projects with lots of competing priorities.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Statistical software experience.
Even better if you have pne or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Statistics, or Economics.
- Ability to learn, adapt, and convert code to a new language on a timely basis.
- Ability to thoroughly test the developed applications prior to implementation.
- Ability to provide support to hundreds of users of the developed applications.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment based on customer priority changes.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills to analyze complex solutions and problems.
- Interpersonal skills with a commitment to quality and satisfaction.
- Experience with large-scale IT systems.
- Coding skills in Python.
- Experience with HTML, Dynamic HTML, CSS, server-side includes.
- Experience with retrieving data from a relational database with SQL programming.
- Experience with Oracle database management, including creating new tables/views, modifying data types, adding new columns (fields), sequences and triggers, scripted data import.
- Knowledge of the .NET and PHP programming language's interaction with Oracle via OCI8.
- Knowledge of Linux cron jobs.
- Knowledge of relational databases and the role they play in web content.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.