Network Design Engineer - TS/SCI with Poly Required
The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Design Engineer to perform network engineering, design, analysis and installation. This position will provide support for the customers computer data communications network systems by providing engineering specifications, modifications and inspections for computer networks to include planning and implementing upgrades as well as analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software to design combined engineering solutions through network modeling.
The Network Design Engineer will support all engineering task for the clients LAN/WAN networks. This position will provide support for engineering management and projects (site surveys, coordination, design and install of new equipment). Coordinate network engineering support and/or upgrades. Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, and inventories are complete. The Network Design Engineer will perform layer 1 and layer 2 network engineering. Configure and troubleshoot layer 2 switching (VLAN’s). The Network Design Engineer will be responsible for all network engineering task involving Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry OS. This role will also provide engineering support for Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, MPLS, LSP, GRE as well as Viso and Service Now.
• Experience in design, engineering, and operation of small to large customer networks
• Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or multicast protocols.
• Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry OS
• Engineering experience working Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, MPLS, LSP, GRE as well as Viso and Service Now.
• Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
• Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
• Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Security+ Certification
• Requires a Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
• Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.