Network Incident Response Engineer ( 605581-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll handle day-to-day triage, investigation, and mitigation of security threats, as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion. You’ll provide critical value to the RSA Security Analytics management service, using their extensive knowledge to provide context about security events. Providing recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices, you’ll improve standard processes and procedures. And you’ll play a key role in helping us protect our business and our customers.
- Performing active real-time security monitoring.
- Conducting advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events.
- Providing log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Developing internal and external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Coordinating with Senior Analysts and/or Duty Manager for high priority incidents.
Where you'll be working...
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location, Ashburn, VA.
What we’re looking for...
You think critically and enjoy solving complex problems by employing listening skills in a dynamic environment. Staying abreast of the newest technologies and security vulnerabilities enables you to use your knowledge in real time to solve problems.
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with security incident monitoring and threat investigations.
- Willingness to work one weekend a month.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree.
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, or GPEN ITIL Foundations training / certification.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing.
- Strong network, TCP/IP and endpoint skills.
- Linux and scripting experience.
- Understanding of databases and windows processes.
- Solid understanding of attack vectors and how systems are compromised.
- Capability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests.
- Experience performing QA functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.