Network Engineer ( R-00090148-OTHLOC-PL-2D1495 )
Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
As a Network Engineer you will manage Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN), including the planning, analysis, acquisition, design, development, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, operational integrity, or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, or video formats, as well as design and monitor new complex network systems, configure and install network hardware or software, and maintain LAN operations. You will perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analyses complicated by novel problem and keep abreast of emerging technology to predict future network needs. The Network Engineer will participate in management discussions, meetings, committees, or special projects as we support and ensure security of the DoD network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage accounts, network storage, local authentication servers, file servers, user privileges, local group policy, local software testing, restoration operations, contingency planning, and local backups for SIPRNET, NIPRNET, and other networks
- Maintain Site-wide C4I network infrastructure, including, but not limited to, cryptologic hardware equipment, all network fiber communications support (including building fiber and terminating fiber)
- Maintain port requirements, Tier-1 and Tier-0 devices, routers, and switches
- Create and update network maps and logical network paths
- Rekey network devices, update security settings, and implement operating system upgrades
- Engage with Site users and liaise daily with the ESD and ESC AF to help resolve user and network related issues as well as maintain the integrity of the Site domain
- Perform help desk support of IT systems
- Provide first-level contact with customers, to include senior leadership personnel and convey resolutions to issues, track and route trouble tickets
- Provide classified and unclassified multimedia, telephone, video teleconferencing (VTC), and audiovisual (AV) equipment support for military, civilian, and contractor employees
- Perform technical support and inventory control for government owned computers, printers, and other devices
- Ensure security patching is completed and locally downloaded; implement Time Compliance Network Order (TCNO) patches that cannot be perform remotely
- Perform investigative administration operations for malware, spyware, Trojans, or unauthorized software detected on any device
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality alongside System Administrators
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain and resolve fiber optic and network cable issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Solve network security and security configuration and ensure network devices meet security compliance standards
- Maintain and resolve Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) interoperability issues
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of network system fixes, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform feasibility studies on complex network systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems
- Follow the required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
Job Location: Fort Meade Maryland
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 + years of related experience OR Master’s Degree and 10 + years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates must have a current Top Secret SCI security clearance .
- Candidates will be required to pass a polygraph after being hired .
- Experience managing complex unclassified and classified networks including switching and routing, account management, authentication services, user privileges, local group policy, software testing, restoration operations, and contingency planning
- Experience implementing network security patches; pushing TCNO patches
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Current Polygraph
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network hardware and software
- Experience with SolarWinds and with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience deploying/utilizing Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Experience with PowerShell DHCP
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Experience with VMWare Component Protection (VMCP)
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate-Junos Certification (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.