The qualified candidate will serve as a Network Engineer within an established Information Technology team that will be providing network security engineering support for secure and unsecure environments. Under the direction of the Information Technology Lead the position specific responsibilities will include:
- Network Engineering support and IT Program Manager support to various programs.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as TACLANEs, firewalls, switches, servers, gateways, etc.
- Develop and maintain network diagrams per program.
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Conduct vulnerability management (scanning, DISA STIGs, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Build networks for new programs as directed from PMs and or leadership.
- Attend collaboration meetings per assigned program reference networking.
- Install hardware and software as required per networking.
- Work with IT IA team to close findings and for other related security posture related maintenance.
Conduct cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration, or related discipline, or 12 – 15 years of direct experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current CCNA or equivalent and an IAT II certification.
- Extensive experience with TACLANEs, routers, switches, firewalls, servers, and a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Experience managing multiple networks
- Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.