Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Systems Security Engineer supporting NASA on the Cybersecurity and Privacy Enterprise Support Services Contract (CyPrESS) at Kennedy Space Center.
Working on the CyPrESS contract, you will work with project managers, IT Security Leads, Network Engineers, and Information Assurance Professionals to develop and implement cybersecurity standards and procedures,. You’ll support analysis, design, and development of security features for key systems and support the integration and implementation of cybersecurity solutions for enterprise systems across NASA. You’ll implement security measures to resolve vulnerability’s, mitigated risks and recommend security changes to assets as needed.
• Configure and optimize network hubs, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling).
• Develop and implement network backup and recovery procedures.
• Diagnose network connectivity problems
• Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
• Install or replace network hubs, routers, and switches.
• Monitor network capacity and performance.
• Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties
• Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
- 4+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering experience
- One or more DoD 8570.01-M Cyber certification
- Understanding of Computer Network Defense, Business Continuity, Encryption, Information Assurance, Infrastructure Design, Network Management, Operating Systems, System Administration, Systems Integration, Technology Awareness, Telecommunications, and web technology.
- OPM Tier 2 or higher LOC, must be a US citizen and be able to achieve a public trust
- Experience working in the NASA environment
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work with upper management and interface with the customer
- Cybersecurity Certification including CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, or CSIH
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experiencePay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.