Sr Network Engineer (Cisco) - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Technology’s Remote Site Engineering team consists of highly qualified network engineers that support all Optum’s network and remote sites across the globe.
We are seeking a strong Sr Network Engineer with excellent technical skills, seeking a growth career opportunity long-term and a solutions oriented positive outlook.
The team is in the US, India and the Philippines and provides network analysis, design, engineering, support, and integration services. (US and Global support)
8 AM Central to 6 PM central time - Monday through Fridays
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to and help lead multiple Network Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, testing, and integration
- Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Develop LAN/WAN strategies; evaluate and select hardware and software products, implement and integrate these products into comprehensive solutions meeting company’s business requirements
- Performs after-hours systems support, installation, and maintenance as required
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex technology network infrastructure problems which may involve coordination of hardware and software vendor support
- Advise team members on procedures, techniques, and requirements to insure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders
- Author technical documentation such as network diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with UHG IT compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and/or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain solid relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
- Available to work after hours and on-call (one week per month on call rotations)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years work experience Network Engineering *(Cisco or Aruba)
- CCNP or higher certification
- Experience installing and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and wireless
- Experience with HPE/Aruba switches and wireless
- Knowledge and experience with SD-WAN
- Understanding of Cisco ISE and NAC
- Documentation skills and use of programs such as Visio
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Solid interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to cross between technical and non-technical audiences
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.