Network Operations Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Southlake Network Management Center (NMC) is seeking motivated and driven engineers to support management of Verizon’s Official Telecom Next Generation Network (OTNGN), eNSE, VCP and various platforms across the network. We are a 24x7 highly visible Operations environment that performs troubleshooting, configuration changes, drive issues to resolution, and related functions. The Southlake NMC (SNMC) ensures the network remains available, reliable and secure at all times. The SNMC uses various network management tools and standard operating procedures to isolate network events across the nation. Working to consistently improve our troubleshooting methods to increase efficiency and minimize events on our voice and data network.
- Proactive network monitoring voice/data network architectures relating to system performance impairments and hardware/software faults.
- Respond to network alarms and events in a timely fashion.
- Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
- Trouble ticket management, Outage/Loss of Diversity (LOD) notification management, processing escalations.
- Generate, drive, and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems and continuously improve business practices.
- Work with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
- Provide timely and accurate network updates to leadership and external teams; communicating technical details in a clear and concise manner.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Technically aligned Associate’s Degree, Certifications - (CCNA, CCNP, and/or other vendor equivalents).
- Willingness to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Experience with routers, switches, Firewalls, load balancers and connection correlation from end to end.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5, Nokia, and Arista devices.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS).
- Knowledge of IP telecommunication equipment, technologies, processes and systems as well as department of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) and familiarity with concepts associated to cloud computing and virtualization (SDN/NFV).
- Knowledge of wireless technology and ability to triage and prioritize network outages.
- NMC/NOC experience (handling incoming calls, troubleshooting, opening tickets, following up).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.