Network Assurance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
wcNMC Engineer III will be responsible for monitoring the function and network performance and will apply technical skills to support CDS, MPN, and IMS Core network. The Engineer will effectively communicate and escalate to the appropriate team and work with CDS, MPN, IMS Operations, and other network organizations nationwide to ensure quick resolution to customer-impacting network connection issues related to 4G and 5G issues. In addition, the Engineer will be responsible for collaboration with wNMC Leads and Leadership team to prepare communication and notification.
You will use established processes and procedures to react and analyze/trend related to network performance results on the network by using performance and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) tools. These performance requirements/thresholds and KPIs are defined by teams, such as CDS Operations, MPN Operations, IMS Operations, IMS Engineering, and Maintenance Engineering. You will develop and expand your technical expertise and technical abilities in the network while maintaining relationships with platform owners.
- Working with 4G/5G technology, CDS, MPN, and IMS core.
- Working with OSI Layers 1-3.
- Network Devices: Cisco IP & MPLS Routers (CRS1, 12K, 10K), Cisco Switches, and network architecture.
- Working with transmission facilities: Gig-E, Fiber Network, Transport Circuits
- Working with 4G Data and VoLTE call flows and capturing messages - SIP, PCAP messages, etc.
- Work in a 24X7 environment.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of working OSI Layers 1-3.
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline.
- Knowledge of network devices: Cisco IP & MPLS Routers (CRS1, 12K, 10K), Cisco Switches, and Network architecture.
- Knowledge of the following protocols: IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VCP (VZ Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of VZW Services: MTSO, 4G-LTE, and 5G Technology.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications in an NMC environment.
- Knowledge of the 4G/5G technology, CDS, MPN, and IMS core.
- Scripting with Python, No-JS, Perl, or equivalent languages.
- Knowledge of Cloud and virtualized solutions (OpenStack/Cloud Platform).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.