- Provide network engineering, deployment, O&M, and procurement support to multiple government customers. This position entails regular coordination/interaction with telco providers, vendors, and other contractors, and draws upon working knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, from data circuit architectures such as SONET/DWDM, TDM and Ethernet, to networking equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, and both commercial and government encryption hardware/software.
- Participate in the helpdesk support for multiple nationwide customer networks with issues pertaining to connectivity, client/server, VoIP and VTC. Serve as alternate COMSEC custodian for multiple accounts.
- Responsibilities will include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies. Resolving network related technical problems while applying technical skillset. Working with a team of highly skilled technical leads for recommending, implementing and monitoring of technical solutions from concept to actual deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, peers and executive leadership where applicable.
- 12-15 Years / Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will meet the educational requirement in the event a Bachelor’s degree is not in a relevant field. Equivalent experience may be substituted for a BS to meet the Educational requirement. Equivalent experience for a BS is 4 years’ experience in a relevant filed in the respective discipline. Consequently, the Senior skill level shall require 12+ years of a relevant experience if experience is referenced in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Min 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Ethernet and IP LAN design, configuration and maintenance
- SONET based WAN design, configuration and maintenance
- BGP and MPLS design, configuration and maintenance
- Configuration and maintenance of Type 1 Cryptographic systems
- Installation and maintenance of the preceding technologies at multiple distributed locations.
- System auditing and monitoring with tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent
- Enterprise level Cisco network devices
- Demonstrated experience briefing and collaborating with Customers on the results of troubleshooting efforts and standup of operational networks.
- Demonstrated experience building evolving, and documenting enterprise like network environment
- Demonstrated experience procuring and delivering products to Sponsor for a program of similar scope and complexity
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.