The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer (NE) to work at the USCG C5ISC data center in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The NE will collaborate with the USCG’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA in providing enhanced network systems engineering services for all USCG network domains on the infrastructure managed services (IMS) program that will empower all 65,000 end users (EUs) to successful execute the USCG’s eleven mandatory missions. Ultimately, Leidos will support the C5ISC network team in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve network capabilities and services while decreasing life cycle costs and improving the EU experience.
The SNE will be a vital part of the Engineering Team supporting the C5ISC - Infrastructure Support Division (ISD) network team in Alexandria, VA. The NE will play a key role in supporting the C5ISC IMS program as the USCG looks to modernize its IT Enterprise into a COCO managed services model. Part of this role will be supporting the C5ISC in the technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the CGOne unclassified and classified network domains. Provides senior level technical direction and manages large complex network operations involving legacy systems and state-of-the-art technology. Must be capable of performing at a senior level in an environment with multiple network topologies and protocols as well as multiple operating systems. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, & system assessment. Although this is a technical/network engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. The NE will also assist in evaluating organization's security posture and services and ensuring approved processes and procedures are followed through review and audit activities in accordance with DoD and C5ISC security policies.
- An active DoD Secret security clearance is required, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or related engineering/technical discipline with 5+ years of relevant networking engineering experience
- Computing Environment (CE) certification: Can start with your CCNA/CCNP (Data Center, Routing and Switching, or Security), or one of the following- Brocade Certified Ethernet Fabric IP Expert, Brocade Certified IP Expert, Brocade Certified SAN Expert, F5 Certified Solution Expert, Juniper Networks Certified Professional - Enterprise Routing and Switching, or Juniper Networks Certified Professional – Security.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
- Knowledge of hardware reverse engineering techniques.
- Knowledge of the application firewall concepts and functions.
- Knowledge of capabilities, applications, and potential vulnerabilities of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware.
- SD-WAN, SDN, SD-ACCESS, Zero Trust network design/deployment.
- Exposure to Data Center and virtualization technologies.
- Experience with the performance and configuration of networks.
- Experience with NetWork Access Control and Comply to Connect.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of system engineers.
- Knowledge of DoD DISA JRSS and emerging DISA networking and security initiatives, such as Thunderdome and emerging Zero Trust architectures.
- Report threats and vulnerabilities in the centralized dashboard for visibility and execute automated mitigation steps to respond to and recover from potential attacks.
- Report any detected anomalies to the Enterprise SOC in accordance with standard reporting instructions and assist the Enterprise SOC as required in responding to security incidents and in the recovery from such incidents.
- Conduct routine vulnerability scans to determine the vulnerabilities and associated risks to operating systems, software and hardware and the infrastructure architecture
- Deploy, operate, and maintain Intrusion Detection System(s) (IDS) to include host-based and network-based detection systems and Intrusion Prevention System(s) (IPS) to include host-based and network-based prevention systems for networks and systems, and provide Firewall management for systems and services.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git); issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira); and continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures and distributed computing architectures.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Level III: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, or CCSP
- Understanding of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and DISA milCloud environments.
- Recommend changes to ensure information systems' reliability, prevent, and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data establishing security controls to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- ITILv4 Foundations certified
- Masters degree with 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working with all network domains within DoD
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, etc.)
IMSCGPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.