Network Security Engineer
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Security Engineer in Arlington, VA.
As a Senior Network Security Engineer for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), you will manage and maintain cybersecurity capabilities in utilized by a team of cybersecurity analysts in support of 24x7x365 mission-critical operations.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a 24x7 environment and have a TS/SCI to start.
- Deploy and manage policies, rules, and signature sets on cybersecurity capabilities.
- Ensure proper and timely reporting of issues or outages.
- Ensure high-priority tasks and outages are addressed escalated and addressed during required timelines..
- Create, update, and maintain Security Infrastructure standard operating procedures and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Maintain complete and current network and elevation diagrams for all managed security equipment.
- Coordinate and comply with applicable change control boards and corresponding processes.
- Provide recommendations to contractor and government leadership on ways to improve the security infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of technical experience deploying and maintaining cybersecurity tools, especially IDS/IPS capabilities
- Must have certifications that satisfy DoD-8570 IAT Level II
- Must obtain a DOD-8570 CSSP Infrastructure Support certification within 6 months of start
- Demonstrated experience with configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cybersecurity infrastructure and capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services.
- Hands-on experience with the Windows and Linux operating system and their respective command line interfaces and scripting shells
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with automation and orchestration frameworks (ex. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities..
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats (internal and external), attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Prior hands-on experience as a SOC analyst
gsmoPay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.