Network Assurance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of a highly visible team, you are responsible for troubleshooting complex issues and are accountable for ensuring a dependable customer experience. Everything we do is built on the foundation of our superior network, robust systems and efficient processes. As an entry level engineer, your training curriculum, peers and leadership will provide you with opportunities to learn and apply new skills with various technologies to support the organization's objectives and develop your own personal growth.
- Pursuing development of professional skills and technical knowledge through on the job experience and training.
- Partnering with senior engineers to provide timely and accurate technical assistance to our internal and external customers.
- Applying acquired technical knowledge to monitor and troubleshoot issues, ensuring the health of the network.
- Providing on-call support to eliminate unexpected service impact to our customers based on the needs of the business. These customers include customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day, with a commitment to quality and team collaboration. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work rotating schedule (shifts), based on the needs of the business.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, recognizing impact and identifying root issues skills.
- Ability to understand established guidelines, policies and procedures, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively across varied people and perspectives.
- Ability to translate technology into understandable or simple language.
- Experience in troubleshooting and/or telecommunications.
- Experience in standard computer applications (Microsoft Office, G Suite).
- Knowledge of network concepts such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualized solutions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.