Principle Network Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We promise our customers the most reliable coverage across the country, and you’ll make sure we deliver on that promise. You’ll be a technical leader and authority in network performance for a large geographic area, identifying new ways to improve speed and quality, and helping to resolve our most complex problems. We’ve got a growing customer base using more devices every day, and their expectations are high—you’ll play a key role in making sure they’re never disappointed.
As a member of the VZW Global Supply Chain—Quality, Test & Repair organization, the Senior Engineer – Network Performance possesses an excellent understanding of quality engineering fundamentals and applies knowledge of company policies, industry standards and procedures to assess and analyze product quality performance of wireless products consisting of 3G/4G/5G Home products, mobiles, tablets, MiFi and modems as well as network equipment including CPE (Customer Premise Equipment), FWA (Fixed Wireless Access), routers, RAN, and NG-PON.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the system’s performance, including network LTE, 1x, EVDO metrics and finding ways to make improvements or mitigate potential problems.
- Resolving service-impacting issues, sometimes using non-traditional, out-of-the-box solutions.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints, often through drive testing, field visits, and efforts to replicate the customer experience.
- Working cross-functionally to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
- Owning the investigation of Root Metrics/Baseline/Nielsen, and the coordination and implementation of complex network directives.
- Crafting pre and post cell site/carrier adding templates and checklists for LTE & CDMA, also making sure site/carriers are properly integrated into the network and optimized for peak performance.
- Leading and developing test cases for customer returned products in the functional areas primarily focusing on Power, Software and 5G/RF related failures across all device models and OEMs.
- Powering management functions, charging and charging circuits.
- Dealing with software stress areas include Memory and CPU utilization.
- Dealing with RF areas related to 3G/4G/5G parametric testing in a radiated environment
- Directing OEMs to develop software tools for functional design validation and multi-device software upgrade process. While working with our Test Vendors and 3PL partners to implement these tools in production and will closely monitor Verizon's quality metrics. In addition, candidates will drive correlation between 3PL partners and OEMs.
- Leading detailed analysis on No Trouble Found (NTF), Bounce Rate, Return Rate, Defect rate on new device launches (NPI) and performing quality audits. Provide analysis and solutions to drive NTF and Bounce reduction.
- Working closely with Operations teams, Device Evaluation lab, and our 3PL (Third Party Logistics partner) teams in strategic planning, identifying and implementing requirements/test plans and lead Verizon Supply Chain Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degreeor four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project planning, organizational and or time management.
- Experience in handheld design or high volume consumer electronics
- Experience in securing and analyzing large volumes of data to make functional improvements and recommendations.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Fluency in English.
Even better if you have one of more of the following:
- A degee in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Mobile handset system including RF, Baseband, ME and SW components
- Good analytical skills with successful experience in securing and analyzing large volumes of data to make functional improvements and recommendations
- Self-motivated individual with good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task on several high priority initiatives
- Knowledge of IrisView, nGenius One, IntelliSight, or Brix.
- Knowledge of VI, BGW, & Workflow Manager tools.
- Knowledge of CCP, SAP, WRBA, or Front Door Implementation Process, IPM Firewall, or IDN/VMN Firewall requests.
- Experience in OBIEE reports, IBM Cognos, Splunk, Tableau, Minitab, MS-Visio, or MS-Project.
- Good oral and written communication skills
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.