Principal Engineer-Network Engineering
- Responsible for the logical configuration of customer network equipment (both Customer Premise and Network)
- Strong background in environments utilizing Cisco Routers and switches utilizating BGP, Muti VRF QOS and GETVPN Encryption
- Skill sets typically include Cisco Firewalls to include ASA, FTD, FPR, and the Firewall Management Center
- Ensure configurations meet customer expectations as well as industry and product standards
- Responsible for configuration adjustments as needed for management acceptance testing in support of customer activations
- Work with external and internal organizations to coordinate and troubleshoot
- Provide network technical assistance to external teams by communicating technical details during turnup and activation
- Responsible for accurate back office system data record management
- Serve as training and mentoring resource for junior level Engineers and responsible for complex technical issue escalations from the same
What we are looking for...
You have the ability to successfully organize and prioritize the execution of complex technical projects. You've got exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Exceptional Team communication skills and customer facing experience.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP Level Technical understanding in hands on design and configuration work.
- Strong background in environments utilizing BGP, Muti VRF QOS and GETVPN Encryption
- Strong understanding of IPV6 design and troubleshooting
- Understanding and experience in working with formal change and configuration processes.
- Experience in being a technical advisor and implementer on customer facing networking projects.
- You will be required to provide rotational after hours support on activations, Change Requests and Incidents updates.
- Ability to be onsite in Woodlawn, MD within 2 hours.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or engineering.
- Background in implementing complex network changes on an enterprise level network
- CCNP certification level technical understanding
- Background in troubleshooting Cisco Firewalls to include ASA, FTD, FPR, and the Firewall Management Center
- Experience with Verizon internal systems for implementing and documenting changes
- Experience managing a customer environment with multiple other contracting companies and nationwide user base.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.