Network Operations Engineer Entry Level Opportunity
- Handle phone calls to respond to network alarms and events for proactive network monitoring and providing technical assistance to Field Operations on the repair of global power and transport platforms.
- Manage trouble tickets, alarm monitoring, outage communications, and process escalations for internal and external customers.
- Working with external and internal Verizon organizations to coordinate and troubleshoot network events.
- Providing network technical assistance to external teams by communicating technical details to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
In this hybrid full time position, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. This hybrid role will be based out of Branchburg, NJ.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to perform at your personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You'll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related majors with a completion date of June 2024.
- Coursework or demonstrated experience with SONET, Ethernet, or DWDM.
- Coursework or experience with automation and or cloud based applications.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel and work in Branchburg, NJ.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Experience in Scripting with No-JS, Perl, or equivalent languages.
- Basic knowledge of IP Network protocols.
- Network Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, or similar).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.