Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Poly ( R-00031844 )
DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
Leidos' Defense & Intelligence Group is currently seeking highly motivated candidates to integrate, develop, maintain, and operate multiple systems on traditional and cloud platforms in Reston and Tysons, VA. Candidates' expertise may include, but not limited to, software development using a DevOps and Agile software methodology, security engineering, IT Operations and maintenance, service desk, data scientists, and data analytics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical expertise in network engineering, administration, and operations.
- Maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades).
- Monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- Monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- Responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 14 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and Ops