Network Field Operations Engineer ( R-00040399 )
Leidos is currently looking for a Network Field Operations Engineer. This position is responsible for the design, maintenance and configuration of CCTV IT networks. The NW Engineer will also be responsible for the physical implementation, installation and maintenance of these networks at multiple locations across the WMA.
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Design, deploy, and administer the infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Train team members on new hardware or software.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
- Provide hardware and operating system support for the corporate and field computer systems environment, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and storage.
- Designing a network topology and infrastructure that will be used for all the security devices to communicate.
- Configuring the security devices to communicate and operate at the specifications requested by the customer.
- Designing custom solutions using COTS equipment to meet high security, high threat customer requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Applicant must have Security+ and CCNA or CCNP cisco certifications.
- 10 years’ experience developing, repairing, configuring, and administering complex IT networks.
- Focused on network security for enterprise wide CCTV applications.
- Must have demonstrated experience in network configuration and design of security systems (switches, routers, wireless).
- Applicant must be capable of apprehending and implementing the following accepted industry standards and methodology (Information Technology/Networking, Structural, Electrical, and Infrastructure Cabling).