Sr. Network Engineer ( R-00040727 )
- We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA. The team is made up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will design and implement solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual must be an independent thinker and excellent problem solver.
The entire program is made up of several teams located in various remote locations in varying time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
This position is for an engineer with proven experience in supporting, maintaining and upgrading an existing wide-area-network. The network deploys various types of networking and IT equipment. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all components of the network. The candidate must be able to support best practices regarding network upgrade and growth strategies as well as network security and efficiency implementations. The ideal candidate must be an independent problem solver, strong self-motivator and be comfortable taking the initiative on technical projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering or relevant IT degree. Minimum 12 years of experience. Additional years of experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph.
- Be able to obtain a US passport to travel OCONUS 2 to 4 times per year if necessary.
- Proven physical network architecture development and implementation experience.
- Experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and ASAs
- Implement VLANs and secure tunnels.
- Experience with various routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF).
- Integration and test experience.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- CCNA and CISSP certifications
- PBX configuration and deployment
- Experience with VoIP
- Experience with MPLS
- Linux system administration
- Knowledge of bulk encryption devices
- Experience with E1 and T1 framing conversion equipment
Microwave radio systems knowledgeExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: