Network Engineer ( R-00047129 )
- Provide Tier 2 support to an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Apply software, hardware, and standard information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs
- Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems.
- Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, and LDP.
- This position requires all personnel to work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts available include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and relevant work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of relevant work history OR an Associates and 8 years, a Bachelors and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of relevant work history.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Preferred network certifications Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:12 Hour Shift PatternRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: