Network Engineer ( R-00047652 )
Performs network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and ten (10) years of experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, four (4) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines with a high school diploma. Certification in routing such as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher. Shall have "Security+" related certification. CWIP Yrs Experience: IAT 3+ Recommended CWIP Level: IAT 2
The Level 2 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Execute test plans of module, unit, subsystem, and systems.
- Install and configure new network and telecommunications systems hardware and software.
- Determine compliance and accreditation of network and telecommunications systems.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Plain Old Telephone (POTs) phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures.
- Build, test, deploy, and ship network and telecommunications systems.
- Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by higher level Network Engineers
- Identify and document workaround solutions for network and telecommunications systems incidents.
- Identify, design, test, deploy, and document solutions for network and telecommunications problems.
- Design, test, verify, and document network system backup methods and procedures.
- Design, build, integrate, test, document and deploy network and telecommunications systems for deployment
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) TDMA IP-based satellite systems.
- Conduct Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) session performance analysis and problem isolation.
- Assess, evaluate, test, and apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes; verify and document methods and procedures to apply them.