Network Engineer ( R-00048584-OTHLOC-PL-2D2504 )
Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will report full time to the Montgomery, AL/Springfield, VA/ Scott AFB or Fort Meade, MD office and may allow for a part time telecommute arrangement. Individuals will need to live locally, however.
In this role you will:
• Orchestrate the project end-to-end
• Analyze discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Provides gap analysis at the start of the
• project; Directs team members and reviews results
• Deconflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
• Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
• Controls all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
• Define migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
• Tracks task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
Two of the following:
• Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching)
• BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
• Experienced with in-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
Additionally, each of the below are required:
• Experience in leading large engineering projects.
• Leadership skills in organizing a team of engineers
• DoD 8570 IATII (Security + or higher) certification
• Active Top Security clearance is required
• F5 load balancers
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Cisco ASRs
• 8570 compliant
• Active Top Secret Clearance