Network Engineer ( R-00053539 )
The Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), MacDill AFB, FL with Tier III routing and switching support.
- Designing, testing, and implementing IGP, EGP, MPLS, VRF, and NFV/Service Chaining on an enterprise network to meet security, performance, operational, and functional requirements.
- Ensuring proper routing protocols are being applied to optimize the end-to-end network performance from the LAN, through a WAN, to a CAN, to a SAN, or a data center.
- Assisting the government with identifying any derived design objectives, technical specifications, performance requirements, and interoperability specifications to ensure the system design will meet stakeholder end-to-end requirements.
- Development, review, and update briefings, papers, or spreadsheets in support of this task.
- Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- IAT Level III certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP or Associate, GCED, GCIH)
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
GSMOExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: