Network Engineer - Top Secret clearance required ( R-00061991 )
Leidos has an opening for a Network Architect Engineer to join our team at the Washington Navy Yard, DC supporting the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) Program.
The Position involves knowledge of network communications, design, architecture, security controls and configuration.
Candidates should possess a design and administrator level understanding of enterprise networking architecture/management, troubleshooting, as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation and configuration management policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have a key role supporting command and control mission planning software integration, testing, Fleet activities and system installations for the program.
The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a Network Architect Engineer on a team responsible for design, development and integration of current and future TMPC network architectures.
- Define TMPC configuration baselines and versioning; initiate and conduct studies that examine upgrades and changes to the TMPC system and communications infrastructure.
- Provide network engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday network operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities.
- Perform detailed maintenance and troubleshooting using a thorough grasp of network architecture, networking hardware, protocols and routing and switching.
- Support and develop network design reviews mainly focused on cybersecurity requirements and security controls.
- Coordinate and recommend network upgrades and maintenance activities with TMPC build and installation plans.
- Perform daily monitoring (health and status) of system nodes.
- Experience with Standard network devices including Cisco IOS, Juniper OS.
- Ability to travel 25% including OCONUS and possible brief periods underway onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret clearance and ability to be approved for a TS/SCI
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or relevant field, BSEE, BSSE or comparable experience with 6+ years of overall related experience. Relevant military experience along with certifications other training may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with DoD network communications.
- IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m.