Network Engineer ( R-00061574 )
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Engineer at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission
As a Network Engineer you will manage Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN), including the planning, analysis, acquisition, design, development, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, operational integrity, or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, or video formats, as well as design and monitor new complex network systems, configure and install network hardware or software, and maintain LAN operations. You will perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analyses complicated by novel problem and keep abreast of emerging technology to predict future network needs. The Network Engineer will participate in management discussions, meetings, committees, or special projects as we support and ensure security of the DoD network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain Cisco/Juniper switches, including switching and routing
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality alongside System Administrators
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain and resolve fiber optic and network cable issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Solve network security and security configuration and ensure network devices meet security compliance standards
- Maintain and resolve Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) interoperability issues
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of network system fixes, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform feasibility studies on complex network systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems
- Follow the required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline and 8 + years of related experience. Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have a current TS/SCI with current Polygraph.
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco networks, including switching and routing
- 4+ years of experience with fiber optic capabilities and usage; and network management applications
- 1+ years of experience with Juniper, including switching and routing
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology
- Experience with SolarWinds and with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Knowledge of cryptologic principles or technologies
- Experience with PowerShell DHCP
- Experience with Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) networks
- Knowledge of complex configuration management techniques and requirements appropriate to manage base level network systems
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- VM Component Protection (VMCP) Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification
- CCIE Certification