Sr. Network Engineer ( R-00063378 )
Leidos has a career opening for a Sr. Network Engineer at Hill AFB, UT.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
We support key missions which include:
JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) enterprise system, which provides a centralized network suite of equipment that provides a host of network security capabilities.
Enterprise SATCOM Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities.
Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance operations support.*Missile Defense Agency Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communications Network.
Other key services provided include operational engineering, service activations, performance management, configuration management, administration and security.
This position will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DISN.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of multiple platforms, optical taps, and Linux-based packet capture devices.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network paths, including recommendations on implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to balance the DISN posture and network performance.
- Configuration, performance, availability, and security of the DISN network.
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to Tier 2 or vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining network security devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: routers, MSPP, ODXC, OTS, Promina, NIPR, SIPR.
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management,
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required.
- Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$3000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:RotatingRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: