Sr. Network Engineer ( R-00065799 )
- Provide network engineering, deployment, O&M, and procurement support to multiple government customers. This position entails regular coordination/interaction with telco providers, vendors, and other contractors, and draws upon working knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, from data circuit architectures such as SONET/DWDM, TDM and Ethernet, to networking equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, and both commercial and government encryption hardware/software.
- Participate in the helpdesk support for multiple nationwide networks with issues pertaining to connectivity, client/server, VoIP and VTC. Serve as alternate COMSEC custodian for multiple accounts.
- Responsibilities will include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies. Resolving network related technical problems while applying technical skillset. Working with a team of highly skilled technical leads for recommending, implementing and monitoring of technical solutions from concept to actual deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, peers and executive leadership where applicable.
- 12-15 Years / Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will meet the educational requirement in the event a Bachelor’s degree is not in a relevant field. Equivalent experience may be substituted for a BS to meet the Educational requirement. Equivalent experience for a BS is 4 years’ experience in a relevant filed in the respective discipline. Consequently, the Senior skill level shall require 12+ years of a relevant experience if experience is referenced in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Min 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Ethernet and IP LAN design, configuration and maintenance
- SONET based WAN design, configuration and maintenance
- BGP and MPLS design, configuration and maintenance
- Configuration and maintenance of Type 1 Cryptographic systems
- Installation and maintenance of the preceding technologies at multiple distributed locations.
- System auditing and monitoring with tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent
- Enterprise level Cisco network devices
- Demonstrated experience briefing and collaborating results of troubleshooting efforts and standup of operational networks.
- Demonstrated experience building evolving, and documenting enterprise like network environment
- Demonstrated experience procuring and delivering products of similar scope and complexity