Sr. Network Engineer ( R-00068872 )
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Sr. Network Engineer to support the GSM-O II contract, based at Fort Meade, MD.
In this role, you will provide technical and logistical guidance to our government customer for multiple concurrent tasks and projects in an effort to support the planning and implementation of current and future projects.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
- Providing guidance and direction for Network Operations, Administration & Maintenance, and Network Assurance tasks.
- Managing multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- Supporting engineering project progression, network operations, and management of support activities for Transport networks.
- Collaborating with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Becoming actively involved in daily operations when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12 years of related experience or Master’s Degree with 10 years of related experience. (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Security+ Certification or equivalent DoD 8750 IAT level II certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Working knowledge of one or more network platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, Cisco routers, Juniper Routers, and other ancillary equipment.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience supervising or leading a team of Network Engineering professionals in an Operations environment.
- Experience understanding and managing customer expectations
- Experience coordinating with multiple technical and operational teams to achieve the necessary program, project or activity plans, and schedules while maintaining within budget guidelines.
- Strong understanding of the factors which allow successful performance on a Firm Fixed Performance Based Contracts with aggressive Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs) and ability to drive new projects to successfully transition into this type of contract environment.
- Experience in assigning tasks to contractor personnel that are located in multiple time zones, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance on new task orders and projects identified by the customer.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems