Network System Assurance Engineer ( 584107-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As our Network Systems Assurance Engineer, you'll be responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Center (MSC). You’ll be participating in multi-functional projects and working in a collaborative environment with other passionate, highly-skilled team members to create a positive impact on our business.
- Performing installation, optimization and troubleshooting, of base station equipment databases, facility systems, and Fiber network for new installs and existing networks.
- Testing fiber network and integrate network hardware to bring new products on-Air.
- Flexible work hours as there will be night shifts, OT and On-Call.
- Coordinating installation, testing and troubleshooting on voice and data network platforms and transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Gigabit Ethernet Services, OCn, T3, T1, and DS0).
- Assisting with maintaining system applications using traffic and capacity monitoring tools to track errors and keep the network performing optimally.
- Monitoring building automated systems (BAS) to maintain operation of network equipment such as AC/DC power systems and HVAC systems.
- Maintaining a secure operating environment to ensure vendor safety and network integrity.
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information to track and maintain network changes.
- Composing reports for system documentation to maintain environmental compliance and safety standards.
- Supporting stakeholder organizations to identify and solve complex problems.
- Working on deploying 5G technologies across the region.
Where you’ll be working:
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such as OTDR, fiberscope.
- Experience troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations.
- Power experience such as Galaxy, Lorain or DC distribution systems.
- Willingness to work a flexible shift.
Even better if you have:
- Associate’s degree or three or more years of work experience installing/troubleshooting telecommunication equipment in a switching facility.
- A technical degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Cieana, Nokia, Cisco and Fujitsu Routers and Networks.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues and telecommunications problems.
- Expertise in networking and POR work
- Electronics training in telecommunications, switching, networking, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio .
- Training in data communications, facility systems, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, project management, or power.
- Knowledge or certification in LAN/WAN switching and IP routing protocols e.g. CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA or NRS.
- Knowledge of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Gigabit Ethernet Services, OCn10G, OC48, T3, T1, and DS0).
- Training or experience in any of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, Linux operating systems and applications, telecommunications, networking or router support, working knowledge of DC power rectification and battery systems.
- Project management skills.
- Router and or Network certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).