Network Engineer ( R-00070051 )
Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools in providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support for a program that is injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities, while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will be responsible for server/router/firewall configuration and security management of an environment that includes networking equipment from several different manufacturers, as well as Windows/Linux servers, databases, VMware and security hardware & software. She/he will be responsible for supporting a network that includes local and geographically dispersed LAN enclaves connected by WAN links and will be part of a team that builds, maintains, troubleshoots, and develops enhancements for a large, complex set of geographically disperse Information Technology (IT) systems. She/he will plan and design network components/configurations to ensure that resources (hardware/software) are in place to enable the team to monitor and manage the IT system infrastructure and all processes and components related to these systems (both hardware and software). She/he will engineer solutions for expanding capacity, improving response time, and streamlining network operations throughout the internal and operational systems, and will monitor and analyze mission critical networks and servers, and set up, manage, and maintain security management and application performance optimization functions across internal and customer systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing network administration support for development, deployment, problem identification, and remediation of the enterprise network environment.
- Providing enterprise LAN support, working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving LAN/WAN architecture.
- Planning, designing, and implementing IT enhancements to include configuring servers, clients, storage devices, and network components.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and networks.
- Providing analysis on existing network and server configurations and developing plans for system enhancements.
- Examining system data and implementing enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Planning and managing system installs and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software).
- Proposing, designing, testing, and installing capabilities that are new to the environment.
- Assessing the impact of system changes to the team and to the infrastructure.
- Developing detailed plans for network and system upgrades and enhancements.
- Providing written and in-person status reports to program leadership.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of technical data such as rack elevations, installation instructions, and other ‘as built’ designs.
- Contributing to the development and quality assurance of network and system CDRLs when necessary.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field and at least 8 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience providing analysis, root cause diagnosis, and troubleshooting for routers and firewalls.
- Must have experience with Linux and/or Windows and Cisco Systems.
- Must have experience with various vendor networking products (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Must have experience providing direct assistance to users.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous in their work.
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be able to support limited instances of providing after-hours support for network administration, operations, and maintenance problems.
- Up to 10% travel may be possible to non-hostile locations.
- KG-175 and/or KG250 configuration and deployment experience.
- Solarwinds, or other similar network monitoring application, configuration and monitoring experience.
- VMWare 6 or higher usage and network configuration experience.
- Experience with any or all of the following vendor’s network technologies: Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, Juniper, McAfee.