Network Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required ( R-00071579 )
Leidos is hiring a Network Engineer (Level 3). All work will be performed onsite at the National Maritime Intelligence Center in Suitland, MD. An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this opportunity.
The Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) is an IT service provider for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) and for 70+ Navy Intelligence Community (IC) ashore organizations across the globe with mission to deploy and operate classified information systems, networks, communications systems, and cybersecurity capabilities.
Within Hopper ISC, the Cybersecurity Department is comprised of four divisions (Defensive Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Mission Operations, Assessment & Validation , and Cybersecurity Engineering), and these divisions collectively secure, protect, assess, and monitor fielded Information Technology (IT) capabilities against a full range of internal and external threats.
Candidate will provide operations, engineering, technical and program management support services and associated supplies to support the cyber related requirements and operations and will routinely work independently to achieve critical mission objectives necessary to continue smooth operations for Hopper, and other internal and external agencies. Routinely will collaborate with different internal and external customers and other experts to develop technical solutions to problems that are complex and not always immediately identifiable in order to timely meet mission objectives.
The Cybersecurity Engineering Division is responsible for providing in-depth Information Systems Security Engineering (ISSE) Support to the ONI Enterprise and the mission of Assessment and Authorization for NAVINTEL DAO. The Security Engineering Division identifies and matures information system security requirements and ensures those requirements are effectively integrated into information technology components and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration. Cybersecurity Engineering Division is also is the engineering and system administration lead for new cybersecurity tools entering the enterprise.
- Provide network engineering support and install, operate, configure, optimize, and maintain the Cisco Identify Services (ISE) tool for the enterprise; provide network engineering expertise to deploy Cisco ISE network access control features (e.g. IEEE 802.1x modules).
- Provide network engineering support and shall install, operate, configure, optimize, and maintain the RedSeal tool for the enterprise; provide network engineering expertise to build-out the enterprise network map, develop and maintain a prioritized list of concern areas based on threat vectors identified by the tool, and help the team fully use all features of the tool in support of the CYBERDEP mission.
- Capture and refine information security requirements and ensure their integration into information technology components and information systems through purposeful security design and configuration.
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Systems interconnecting multiple classification enclaves
- Identify and Access Management (IdAM) Solutions, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Public Key Enablement systems
- Provide remediation recommendations and mitigating strategies for vulnerabilities discovered and maintain in-depth knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), STIG technologies such as Tenable Nessus, STIG Viewer, Security Requirements Guides (SRG), Security Content Checker (SCC), STIG benchmarks, open-source tools such as Vulnerator, and other automated tools that assist with the assessment of security controls and the presentation of security assessment results.
- Support the development, documentation and delivery of training and training materials on all cyber tools, software, processes and policies.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- BS or BA degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline and 7+ years of experience in practical engineering and design/experience in DoD communication systems and networks. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least one of the following: CCNA Security, CISSP, CASPPay Range: