Sr. Network Engineer ( R-00072842 )
This position is for an upcoming opportunity and Leidos anticipates beginning the interview process in January 2022.
Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
The Army and Mission Partners Division within the Defense Group at Leidos has potential openings for a proposal effort with Sr. Network Engineer to support a program at Ft Huachuca, AZ.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, and support of an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system
- Maintains network hardware and software; monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures; and will provide leadership/mentorship to junior & mid-level network engineers
- Oversees network control center
- Provides support to projects that involve networks
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network
- Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems; and provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- The overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the Agency network add to the complexity of this positions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience, Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, or a combination of experience and education.
- Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance
- Possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline
- Within 60 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE CSSP Infrastructure Support DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline
- Within 180 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) Computing Environment certification identified on the RCC-C CE Requirements List.
- CCENT or higher, CCNA Preferred
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Solarwinds, or other similar network monitoring application, configuration and monitoring experience
- Experience with any or all of the following vendor’s network technologies
- Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, Juniper, McAfee