Principal Product Owner of Sales Technology ( 596635-1K )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The purpose of the Verizon Connect Revenue Operations organization is to maximize profitability while creating great customer and employee experiences by implementing industry leading tools and processes in novel ways. The team is divided into four distinct functions: Systems Architecture, Portfolio Management, Systems Program Management, and Global Standardization.
As the Principal, you will be responsible for all Sales and Sales Operations systems, as well as tool design, adoption, and maintenance. This role will be responsible for designing the interaction of Verizon Connect tools across the multiple Salesforce organizations and designing the Sales process for all segments across all geographies. This team will also be responsible for Verizon Connect’s data strategy within these Salesorganizations by partnering with Database Marketing and ensuring standardization of methodology and data structures globally.
- Act as the technical expert for vendor selection, sourcing, RFP, trial, implementation, continual iteration, and, eventually, decommission.
- Act as a consultant to Sales and Sales Operations leadership around process improvements within the Sales and Sales Operations owned toolsets.
- Ensure consultation of business leadership to understand the needed modifications and the objectives in situations when Sales and Marketing adapt their strategies to respond to macro industry changes. These changes must be quickly reflected in systems to maintain their relevance and effectiveness.
- Ensure that the Verizon Connect technology stack is compliant within all of the geographies it operates.
- Lead the collection and documentation of the business’ user stories and obtaining feedback when procuring a new tool or replacing an existing one.
- Gain approval of the solution design by all stakeholders, creating test plans, conducting UAT, and decommissioning any legacy systems if one is being replaced.
- Ensure that all primary and secondary support providers understand the new live tool design, its utilization, and what is expected of them post-implementation.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of experience as a user of Salesforce.
- One or more years of experience architecting Sales Enablement tools and systems.
- Prior experience working autonomously and confidently making large decisions that significantly impact the business.
- Experience with the Agile framework.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends for sales tools and database strategies.
- Overall understanding of SaaS business processes and experience in implementing solutions to gaps from a technical and/or project management perspective.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Strong technical acumen.
- Experience as an Admin of Salesforce.
- Excellent rapport building skills and a track record of success working collaboratively with other members of the business such as Sales Directors, Associate Directors, and the VP of Global Sales, as well as cross functional teams which may include Marketing, Strategy, Legal, Finance, IT, Business Intelligence, and Sales Compensation leadership.
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, & Slides).
- Two years of Agile Framework experience.
- A track record of success as a Subject Matter Expert in a large variety of additional software applications, as well as the business acumen required to apply them to business problems.
- Track record of success being inquisitive and constantly wondering how we can make the sales cycle faster, more effective, and/or easier to complete.
- Knowledge of SaaS business processes and experience implementing solutions for gaps from a technical and/or project management perspective.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).