IT Product Manager - Worldwide Patient Safety
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Global Risk Management Product Manager to the Worldwide Patient Safety (WWPS) business function within Global Drug Development role is accountable for product vision, strategy, roadmap, and effective ownership & delivery of IT capabilities and services supporting Global Risk Management products that are, in development as well as in the market, which are critical importance to patient safety and risk management. The product line includes, but is not limited to IMiDs, CART, CAMZYOS, and other therapies. This role is accountable for the overall state of capabilities within the area including but not limited to the plan & run activities as well as budget.
This role will work with key business and IT stakeholders to assess strategic and tactical needs towards defining process and technology solutions that align with business objectives related to Global Risk Management. This role may have up to 5 direct reports.
In addition, this role will understand relevant industry regulations, standards, best practices, strategies, and tools. to formulate recommendations and influence business direction based upon this information.
- 0 to 3 direct reports
- Varies based on initiative; may range from 0 to 5
Key Business Partners
- Global Risk Management
- WWPS Strategy & Planning
- Various additional WWPS functions and non-WWPS adjacencies with respect to portfolio planning & management (e.g. Clinical, Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, Legal & Drug Development)
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to co-develop a realistic and actionable multi-year strategic business capability roadmaps and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with business and IT to prioritize the related IT portfolio appropriately and is accountable for the budget management.
- Collaborate and lead the development of business cases in support of the roadmap and aligned with the platform strategy. Defines, measures, & achieves business outcomes for highest value (at the lowest cost) digital capabilities.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, sprints and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders. Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology. Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Facilitate business process change within the relevant divisions and functions. Develop strong collaborative relationships with IT colleagues across BMS Information Technology to ensure delivered solutions and services can be appropriately leveraged and value realized.
- Knows what value looks like: Understands where BMS should be competitively differentiated through technology, translates business needs into specific business requirements, sees realistic opportunities for IT to add more value
- Must have a proven track-record of 7+ years leading regulated complex/large time sensitive IT projects, preferably related to Global Risk Management or Patient Safety e.g. REMS
- Strong business knowledge with proven leadership abilities and excellent executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and partner with senior business leaders
- Ability to lead the strategic planning and implementation of digital capabilities for a market
- Experience with governance operations and demonstrated ability to evaluate the need to respond to the customer in a timely fashion with the strategic investments being made at the enterprise level
- Experienced in information technology and management, project and portfolio assessment, planning, systems development, and business case development
- Ability to manage business process analysis and improvement including benefit estimation and post implementation metrics using design thinking
- Manages cross functional communication outside of project team(s) and assessing business impact to determine business process optimization opportunities to improve knowledge digitization across GRM.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels
- Superior verbal communication skills with expert proficiency in framing and delivering messages via multiple modalities including collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Teams), PowerPoint presentations, and email
- Develops plans, including necessary timeline, resource, and budget requirements, to effectively drive initiatives to conclusion and measurable outcomes
- Contributes to the process for governance of GRM capabilities, requirements and delivery and ensure alignment across sponsor organizations
- Promotes a culture of data ownership and governance, innovation, collaboration and experimentation within the WWPS & GRM as well as working with the internal BMS groups
- Manages budget and resource related to delivery
- Anticipates obstacles and develop contingency plans to address them; taking necessary corrective actions to keep program on schedule
- Represents the progress confidently in interactions with key internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes KPIs for processes and activities under management; tracks KPIs and identifies opportunities for improvement in terms data and delivery quality, timing or cost
- Ability to effectively elicit complex business requirements in both small and large settings across audiences including business and IT professionals
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring business outcomes.
- Must have proven experience working with structured Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles
- Knowledge and experience of Business process modelling, and process optimization skills is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex situations with high business impact while maintaining a good working environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a focus on computer or information science.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.