Software Product Manager-Principal Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are investing in our network to improve the way we live, work and communicate. That’s where you come in. You will be part of the Transport Infrastructure & Engineering Solutions team, as a Product Owner for the Granite/CND Inventory System, responsible for developing engineering solutions which will positively impact efficiency and acceleration of the critical 5G and One Fiber programs. This will give you the opportunity to work hand in hand with the Wireless Engineering teams, CORE and Access engineering teams, Information Technology, and other internal organizations leveraging agile methodologies to accomplish goals quickly.
- Managing the development and implementation of internal process and standardization initiatives.
- Driving OSS integration and process improvement, and providing domain expertise to define OSS strategy.
- Delivering technical solutions to engineering, including process and training documentation.
- Providing support and direction for the integration of companywide, standard processes.
- Delivering training via different mediums to impacted organizations.
- Developing network initiatives and leading both small and large projects to improve efficiency.
- Coordinating and leading UAT testing efforts.
This role can be located out of any US based Verizon hub location.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You take a lot of pride in your work and as a self-starter you enjoy learning new skills and taking on new tasks. While you work well independently, your team orientation and collaborative nature make you an obvious choice to lead cross-functional teams. No stranger to succeeding in a fast-paced, ever-changing network environment, you balance competing priorities with ease. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and as a strong communicator you can effectively explain issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Engineering or an Engineering support function.
- Experience in Wireless Network Engineering disciplines including, but not limited to: Transport, RF, Data Engineering.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the VZW Transport Network.
- Ability to be a technical strategic thought leader as well as a “hands on" implementer”.
- Experience in Granite Transport Engineering Inventory & Provisioning systems.
- Experience in creating Process documentation (Methods & Procedures) and Process flows.
- PMP certification orSAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) certifications.
- Experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio or iGrafx.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL experience a plus).
- Experience in an Agile Environment with a solid understanding of roles.
- Experience in crafting UAT test plan & scripts.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, 8 company paid holidays and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $114,000 and $212,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.