2024 Entry Level: Product Manager
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start dates for this position are January 2024 and later.
IBM Product Managers deliver business results by bringing high-quality products to market by defining the strategy and execution plans while continuously innovating to achieve market leadership. Product Managers are experts at market and business analysis, product definition, product roadmap, pricing, ecosystem, channel strategy, strategic planning, competitive analysis, innovation, and leading cross-functional teams. They manage the product lifecycle from inception through growth, maturity, and end of life stages and define partnership and ecosystem strategy for product execution. Product Managers maximize internal and external relationships interfacing with design, product marketing, ecosystem partners, analysts, engineering, sales, and services teams to deliver a successful product with defined routes to market. They are experts in the field and are recognized as a credible voice in the market.
We look for emerging leaders who are entrepreneurial, adaptable, analytical, creative problem solvers, persuasive, empathetic and tenacious. We also look for those who have been exposed to, and are well versed in, technology concepts.
Our Product Managers operate in a demanding role at the epicenter of multidisciplinary teams which include design, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal. Our clients rank among the world's largest, most influential companies and governments, and our product teams serve their needs under constantly changing priorities. We are passionate about using technology to solve these problems.
When considering applicants for this role, we look for education and background in a combination of areas such as business / data analytics, computer science, design thinking, engineering, entrepreneurship, go-to-market (GTM) strategy, market / user research, product management, product development, and technology commercialization.
As the voice of the business and users, Product Managers:
- Articulate markets, research users and define competitive landscape
- Innovate with established & emerging technology – software, hardware and services
- Negotiate and collaborate on strategic initiatives, partnerships and acquisitions
- Develop and execute experience-based roadmaps, business models and go-to-market plans
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering to ship products
- Partner with sales, marketing, finance and legal
- Define pricing, packaging, and positioning and measure (everything)
- Act as change agents and transformation champions
- Are passionate and curious
Join the next generation of user-centric, data-driven, innovators and entrepreneurs who are working to solve big, meaningful problems.
The positions are IBM US Office-based, including the below locations. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand. Limited opportunities available in our CA office.
San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience, (academic and internships may be included) in product management, product development, technical acumen, entrepreneurship, design thinking, market research, go-to-market (GTM) strategy, business analytics, or other related work.
- Exposed to and well versed in technology concepts
- Aptitude and experience relevant to product management
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 or more years of job-related experience in product management, product development, technical acumen, entrepreneurship, design thinking, market research, go-to-market (GTM) strategy, business analytics, or other related work.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM