At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data and AI seeks a Product Manager to join our US-based watsonx team. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the future of data and AI technology through the development and execution of our product roadmap, working to accelerate the adoption and usage of our products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to gather customer feedback, identify market opportunities, and develop innovative solutions.
- Understand customer needs and market trends to prioritize requirements alongside other product owners and deliver outcome-based roadmaps
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Work with engineering, business development, sales, and marketing to bring products to market
- Develop innovative solutions that solve customer problems
- Contribute to the product lifecycle from discovery to launch
- Track product performance and metrics
- Act as a technical evangelist for our data integration product portfolio, driving both internal and external education and engagement
- Work with clients, partners, and our sales force to market, sell and deploy our solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
- 6 to 10 years of experience in product management, preferably in the data and AI space.
- Track record of success in customer-driven product development
- Passion for data-driven insights and innovation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of AI, foundation models, and related technologies is a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
- Background on data and AI strategy, concepts, key trends, and competitors
- Some product management experience driving growth for data and AI solutions
- Knowledge about IBM Data and AI products, technology, and customers
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM