M&A Technology Integrations Program Manager - Telecommute (107076900)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is seeking an Acquisition Integration IT Engagement Manager to join a highly visible and dynamic team responsibility to assess, plan, and deliver IT integration services for inorganic growth strategies.
As a key member of this team, you will manage the IT integration of newly acquired companies, minimizing business disruption and ensuring the company is maximizing the value of acquisition through integration.
In this role, you will partner with the Engagement Architect and be responsible to understand the business and technical requirements of the IT integration engagement. You will translate the business and technical requirements into integration scope, required services and an IT integration budget. You will be consultative with the acquiring line of business, the acquired business, the acquired IT team, and other IT and non-IT teams, anticipating their needs and applying the benefit of your experience and expertise to the engagement. You will lead one or more specific acquisition integration engagements.
Critical Competencies for Success:
You communicate effectively and quickly gain the trust of your audience based on your own knowledge and expertise. You have strong business and technical acumen and always deliver on your commitments. You are described as forward thinking, strategic, collaborative, and determined. You are a self-starter. You have integrity and take ownership when things don't go as planned. You seek out challenges and opportunities.
The preferred locations for this position are Hartford, CT; Eden Prairie, MN; or Raleigh, NC. Telecommuters will also be considered. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be the overall lead from Enterprise Enablement and Platform Services (EEPS) for each assigned integration engagement
- Present to business and IT teams on Optum’s IT security and integration workstreams including the value/benefit of the services to be delivered
- Lead post-close IT due diligence to prepare for integration
- Own EEPS communication and overall coordination with senior leaders, both companies’ IT teams and other non-IT integration teams
- Identify and assess necessary technical and business goals, objectives, requirements and expectations plus other needed information required to produce an integrated delivery plan and budget
- Drive the integrated delivery plan with clear goals, operating mechanisms and regular updates to stakeholders
- Establish and manage the IT acquisition integration budget
- Identify risks and solutions for mitigation
- Provide guidance/direction to the Implementation Lead who is driving the day-to-day work
- Maintain rapport and awareness of stakeholder needs
- Participate in work and resource prioritization
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging UHG technologies / services related to security and IT integration
- Work effectively in a diverse and distributed organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of leadership and IT program management experience in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- 2+ years of previous M&A infrastructure integration experience
- C-Level presentation experience
- reporting and analytics experience
- Broad IT background with domain experience or knowledge in IT security, user collaboration tools, desktops, networks, application hosting and call centers
- Highly motivated with proven success meeting commitments in a deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Previous consulting experience
- Team management experience
- Record of developing relationships at technical, management, and executive levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to influence opinion without direct managerial control
- Strategic thinker
- Customer focused and results driven
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.