Technical Program Manager
The EW Division of Leidos is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our cross-functional engineering team using innovative technology to develop truly novel solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD). This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative product development and production environment.
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects.
- Responsibility for project schedule, budget, and drives cross-functional technical team to achieve technical objectives.
- Work with teams on product development of automated analysis systems, software, and network solutions.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications.
- Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance, or ability to obtain
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competitors, team leadership, etc.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations and proven record of success developing opportunities within the DoD community.
- Possess business and technical vision
- US Citizenship required
- requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar and 2-4 years of experience. Will consider 5+ years of experience with MS degree.
- Previous experience as a program manager involving hardware and software development.
- Familiarity with Electronic Warfare applications
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in government security and/or military applications, or similar
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.