Space Program Project Manager (NASA CMC)
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position the employee will manage projects for the development and certification of spaceflight hardware and also periodically perform sustaining tasks for CMC hardware (i.e., diagnostics, tools, stowage, restraints, laptops, cameras, etc.) in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station (ISS) and Exploration Programs (i.e. Orion, Gateway, Human Lander System (HLS), Artemis) in addition to other commercial work. The team works with commercial software such as IBM Maximo, Microsoft (MS) Project, and MS SharePoint, in addition to CMC custom developed software. Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
- Manage hardware development projects to certify, flight-configure, and deliver new hardware for spaceflight
- Create and maintain project resource-loaded schedules in MS Project Professional
- Develop basis-of-estimates (BOEs) for new on-contract growth
- Review, author, and approve work orders, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
- Requires BS degree and at least 2 years prior relevant experience
- Experience with creating BOEs and proposal development for new work
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with ISS and Orion Processes for hardware development and certification, anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams and customers and both strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with presenting technical and financial project status to large groups such as technical NASA boards
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.