Project Manager - Capital Projects (R1542363-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Manage several complex projects simultaneously, within budget, on schedule, safety designed and constructed, and with minimal impact on manufacturing.
- Projects are to be managed with EHS as a top priority, providing safety leadership to BMS employees as well as contracted contractors.
- Assure project compliance with good engineering practices, BMS policies, regulations and codes.
- Design and manage several facilities and process related capital projects (electrical, HVAC and utilities projects; biologics cell culture and purification upgrades; cryogenic storage capacity projects; laboratory and building infrastructure renovations; etc.) simultaneously to meet site needs and client requirements.
- Provide technical support to Operations for the implementation of new technology in the areas of biologics cell culture, protein purification, use of disposables, automation, and PAT.
- Coordinate projects with site Maintenance, Calibration, Validation, Automation, and Facilities departments from project initiation to closure to ensure all systems are designed, constructed, and documented properly.
- Coordinate project and facility related activities with cross functional teams, to assure optimum operations with minimal capital expenditure.
- Provide recommendations to improve and maintain facilities infrastructure.
- Experience in GMP engineering environments and a proven track record of delivering significant projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing settings.
- Focus on safety, quality, schedule, and budget adherence in addition to complying with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations, and codes
- Ability to safely manage projects on schedule and within budget using contractors and/or internal technicians.
- Experience using Microsoft Project as a project planning and tracking tool to successfully manage projects.
- Ability to scope projects based upon site needs and client requirements, obtain budget estimates, write capital appropriation requests, develop project schedules, and manage a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical skills and logical troubleshooting skills are required.
- Understanding of regulatory, environmental, cGMP/GLP and OSHA regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory, manufacturing facilities, utilities and infrastructure, construction, maintenance, and operations is preferred.
- B.S Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical) or Construction related discipline is preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant engineering and project management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a biologics or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
Physical demands of the job include unassisted lifting of items, not to exceed 50 lbs; crouching/squatting; kneeling; sitting; crawling; walking on level surfaces; climbing stairs and ladders; and vision (visual inspection of installations). The job will also require the use of PPE, such as hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steeled toed shoes, and fall protection.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.