Project Manager Technology Strategy ( 597946-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will use data to shape strategy and solutions for our Global Supply Chain team. You’ll work directly with leaders in global supply chain, matching their needs with our existing systems, BI and advanced analytics platforms. By really understanding what makes the business tick, you will help shape our future roadmap.
- Propose and drive new technologies to enhance or replace existing business processes.
- Evaluate and test various alternative approaches and recommend the best path forward.
- Leverage systems, BI and advanced analytics capabilities to support the business.
- Support the business with decisions related to new concepts based on data analytics.
- Manage cross functional teams, to ensure project task and timeline accountability.
- Monitor performance and report ongoing progress for the major initiatives of the business unit.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have great people skills and a strategic mindset. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of our systems, BI and analytics roadmap. You have a knack for understanding business needs and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people at all levels can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analysis.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree.
- Experience with data management, architecture, analysis and visualization, or related experience
- Experience in supply chain.
- Knowledge of supply chain systems.
- Capability to engage and influence large teams and functional leaders.
- Knowledge of RPA and emerging technologies.
- Experience creating and executing enterprise-wide processes and initiatives.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Project management and process development experience.
- Presentation skills, with the capability to lead meetings and hold workshops with executives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).